DRUGS AND YOU:
FEATURES OF THE NARCOTIC DRUGS AND PSYCHOTROPIC SUBSTANCES ACT 1985.
- All the offenses booked under this Act. are tried in specially designated courts ie NDPS Court with Judge having rank of Sessions judge
- All the offenses under NDPS Act are of non-bailable nature
- Very strict punishment for the offenses under this Act ranging from 06 months minimum to maximum 30 yrs on the nature of offenses
- There is provision for death penalty for certain offenses after previous convictions, under NDPS Act
- There is provision for preventive detension
- There is provision for forfeiture of property.
- Cases under NDPS Act, are to be registered and investigated by Officers of and above rank of Police Sub-Inspector
- Fast disposal of cases, by NDPS Court.
- Inform the Police if you observe drug consumption or drug trafficking.
- Carry prescriptions of doctor in case you are under medication.
- Buy any drug ONLY from an authorised and licenced pharmacy and get cash memo for the same.
- Respect the laws of the land in which you are touring.
- Do not indulge in committing any act which might attract punishment under NDPS Act.
- Do not encourage touts and dubious persons in befriending you.
- Do not frequent Bars and Restaurants which you suspect encourage drug consumption.
- Do not buy any sort of drugs except on a prescription and from an authorised licenced pharmacy.
- Do not allow strangers or casual acquaintances to stay in your room. They might land you in trouble.
- Do not attend dubious parties such as acid parties. They are not authorised by the government and not recommended.
- Do not experiment with any foreign substances whether orally or intravenously