The Goa Police Department would like to make your visit to our beautiful State as pleasant and safe as possible. You can help us further by following these simple tips while travelling around Goa.
- Carry your wallet in an inside jacket pocket or side trouser pocket, never in the rear pocket.
- Carry pocketbooks in the bend of your elbow, held close to your body. If there is a long strap, wrap it around the bag. Carry credit cards and cash in your pockets.
- Keep pocketbooks on your lap when dining out, not dangling over the back of a chair. Avoid placing pocketbooks on hooks on the back of a fitting room or bathroom door, where someone can easily reach over and removed them.
- Leave valuables and important papers, such as jewelry and passports, secured in your hotel's safe deposit box. Never leave these items unattended in your room or carry large sums of cash on your person.
- Be wary of unexpected persons coming to your hotel room. Never open the door to unsolicited room service or maintenance people. Contact the front desk if you have any doubts.
- If you schedule a meeting with a potential client, research the company and the individual with whom you are meeting. Meet in a public place, such as a restaurant.
- Make sure that luggage is only given to a member of the hotel's bell staff and a receipt is issued for stored luggage. Never leave luggage or other expensive items, unattended at airports or taxi stands.
For additional information with regards to tourism in Goa, visit the Goa Toursim website at http://www.goatourism.gov.in